Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

The first reason I didn't go to my prom was because the dinner for the couple costs $500. Of course, this is without prom dress, hair, nails, manicure, pedicure, shoes, bag, and professional photos at the prom as well as the after-prom outfit and costs for the after-prom activity. All of these costs together could easily reach $2000. Secondly if I could afford such costs, I still don't think I would have enjoyed it because the whole night seems fake, especially with people trying to find dates at the last minute, friendships being ruined over who's in which limo etc...



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

I went to my prom, it was last Saturday. I had a blast. I hope your not going becuase of money. There is so many thing for prom you don't have to do. A lot of people borrow a dress from somebody, and one of your frineds could do your hair, make-up, nails, etc. You don't have to go get them done. %26amp;%26amp; about dinner, you don't have to go out. Maybe your mom and an older sibling, can fix you and your date a nice dinner, and you can set it up in your dining room, make it sweet and memorable. You don't have to have a limo, a lot of people don't. And to be totally honest, I've never gone with a date and had tons of fun, just go with the girls. Good luck =]



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

Dang, why would they have it there? I don't think I have spent $500 on all the school dances I've gone to since middle school. That's just crazy. They should have it at a place more people can afford. Seens very unfair to me. Report It



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

When I taught at one school in Colorado they had the prom in the Eagles Nest at Vail, Co. Everything was free even the gondola ride to the top. It was donated by the skiing owners. Report It



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

NO I DID NOT GO TO MY HIGH SCHOOL PROM BUT TIMES WHERE DIFFERENT THEN ! MY FRIENDS AND I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE SHORE! FOR THE WEEKEND !



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

No. I was raised in a religious home that taught that dancing is sinful.



Also, the only boy who asked me was not to my liking.



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

Yeah I went.....I had more fun after prom than I did at prom. If you know what I mean.



HA HA HA HA



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

no i didnt go....next year im goin....



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

I didn't go to my high school's prom. I was a dork in high school and didn't have a steady boyfriend, so was never asked. I had a couple of male friends, but nothing serious. Even if I'd been asked, my parents would have been too cheap to buy me the dress and all that went with it.



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

i didnt go to my junior prom because i was in basic training and i didnt go to my senior prom because i was in Iraq. I got my GED and joined the army halfway through my junior year to support my mother and brother.



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

No I didn't go to my high school prom because I had dropped out of high school and went into the Navy.



I went to high school proms however with girls I was dating who invited me.



Back then, the girls wore a nice formal dress, and the boys wore white sports coats and cumber buns.



We went in our private cars. Sometimes we went to a restaurant for dinner sometimes we didn't.



Total expenses were in the neighbour hood of a couple of hundred dollars for her formal dress and his sports coat and black pants combined. We never had all the extra cash for what they spend today. Our parents would never have stood for us to spend that kind of money.



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

i didn't go to prom because i dropped out of high school, and 4 years ago at 15 i didn't think missing prom or the high school experience would bother me, but now at 19 seeing people i know going to prom and graduating makes me feel bad , i still believe my reasons for dropping out are justified, i just wish things could have been different



Did you go to your high school prom? If not, why?

not this year. the school banned me from it. but maybe next year i'll go wit my girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment