Thursday, April 26, 2012

So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

I have decided on a hair style (thanks to my other question's answers!) and yet, I cannot get it to work! I don't really want to spend a lot of money getting it done, or buying stuff to do it. I can put out 15 bucks for products, but any more and I might as well go to the salon.



I want my hair to be down, with soft curls... very loose ringlets, basically. My hair is naturally VERY curly and frizzy... I can straighten it, but the soft curl thing wont work. What am I doing wrong, and how would you do it?



Help me, I'm desperate! Thanks



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

I have been a hairdresser for almost 23 years. To be honest, you would get a better style at a salon. I know it's expensive, but having curly frizzy hair, if you want products, it's going to cost you more than $15 to smooth out the frizz and curls, and also to get that soft curl, it's not easy. I would call around to some of the older salons in your area, maybe even a little place where "little old ladies" get their weekly set. They do extremely good work, been in the business for years, and are usually alot cheaper. If you want to DIY, then get some gloss drops, some smoothing gel or gelee, get some hot rollers or a really hot curling iron. Pull your hair up in a ponytail, divide the hair just above the rubber band in half, flip the ponytail up through that hole, and it will fall loosly down the back, get someone to help you here, but take little pieces of hair, get some serious hair spray and spray the fool out of it, then while it's still wet, put the iron and curl it, hold it there for a minute or 2, then do another one. Very time consuming and might not turn out the way you wish. I would save myself the trouble, it's only prom once, and get it professionally done.



Have a wonderful time.



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

babe just shave your head and be bald-headed! why all the muss fuss?



be bold be bald



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

You don't want to go to the prom is your hair is frizzy , especially if Dom Imus is the D.J.



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

Well, go the parlor, and get it straighten,



like in



http://www.seduhairstyles101.com/img/tm7...



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

You have to use the right materials for your hair and you.



You want to look chic but not worry about frizz.



Use products that make you look fab not like at rag



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

I would just go to a salon to get it done. You save time, stress and your energy by going. I would just splurge because you only go to prom once in your life.



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

- You can wear it naturally! Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel, a leave in cream, and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sodium laureth sulfate or anything close to that). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone are examples). Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with cold/cool water.



- Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair with your fingers. Use a towel or paper towels to gently scrunch some of the water out. Then let your hair air dry or wait ten minutes and then use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Do not touch the hair while it is air drying or it will frizz!



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Desert Essence Organics Italian Red Grape Conditioner (found at health food/organic stores). The combo of products that I use daily is L'Oreal Out of Bed Weightless Texturizer (comes in a black-colored tub) and then Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



based on the book-



www ylcf org/gotcurl/



book-



Curly girl by Loirane Massey



curly forum, shopping, and info.-



www naturallycurly com/



(replace periods!)



So, How do I tame my hair for prom?

well, my hair used to be completely frizzy and dry and curly/ wavy. But i got the garnier fructis curl and shine leave in conditioner and its amazing. After i shower, i put it in my hair and i shape my curls, basically meaning that i just twist them. And then after it dries, i have nice and loose ringlets. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment